The Top Northern Michigan Things To Do, Attractions & Activities
If you’re looking for some fun things to do in Northern Michigan, you’ll want to check out this guide! In it, we’ll discuss some of the best activities to enjoy in the area, including things to do at Lake Charlevoix, The South Arm, Boyne Mountain, activities in Boyne Falls, and activities in Young State Park. No matter what your interests are, you’ll find something fun to do here!
Our Favorite Things To Do Near The South Arm & East Jordan
East Jordan is a city in Michigan right at the tip of the South Arm. There are many things you and your family can enjoy while in the area. The South Arm is great for hiking and biking. There are some beautiful trails that wind through the woods – perfect for getting away from it all. Kayaking is another great option! And when you’re done with your hike, you can relax in one of our hotel rooms!
Visit Charlevoix, Michigan
Charlevoix is just a short, twenty minute drive from our South Arm Motel. This area is perfect for nearly any outdoor or indoor activity you might want to enjoy! Charlevoix sits in between Lake Michigan and Lake Charlevoix, making it the perfect stop for anyone looking for beach-related activities.
Enjoy The Beach or a Park in Charlevoix
- Michigan Beach Park is a great option that includes a scenic park with swimming & fishing areas, plus a playground, trails, athletic courts & public restrooms.
- Ferry Beach Park is another public beach with a grassy area including trees for shade and a sandy beach that is perfect for the whole family.
- Depot Beach Park is a dog-friendly park with rocky baches and public parking. Take the whole family to enjoy this quiet getaway, with play areas and a public garden that very scenic.
- Bring a hammock to Pine River Hammock Park and enjoy a lazy afternoon, watching the local fisherman fish the dock, or enjoy the hiking trails in the area!
Visit Boyne Mountain & Boyne Falls
For those who love winter and summer activities, Boyne Mountain is the place to be. You can go skiing or snowboarding, or just enjoy the scenic views. And when you’re ready to relax and wind won, head to Boyne Falls for some shopping and dining.
- Boyne Mountain offers a wide variety of things to do in the area year-round. Visit their website to learn more about golfing, skiing, fly fishing and other seasonal events in the area.
- During summer, you can enjoy ziplining, spending time on nearby Deer Lake, and take a scenic chairlift ride!
Enjoy Boyne Falls
The small village of Boyne Falls is located right next to Boyne Mountain, and is a great place to go to enjoy Michigan’s largest indoor waterpark, hit the greens of two championship golf courses, and to checkout the local restaurants and shops.
Discover Young State Park
Last but not least, Young State Park is a great place to explore. Young State Park is at the East End of Lake Charlevoix, spanning over 560 acres. The park has 240 modern campsites spread between three campsites and activities available in the park are boating, fishing, trails for hiking, jogging and nature studies plus cross country skiing in the winter.
So what are you waiting for? Northern Michigan is the perfect place to get away from it all and have some fun! Consider staying with South Arm Retreats while you explore the area!